Skip to content
- I like to think that I can introduce people to the idea of simplicity and elegance.
- “An elegant woman is a woman who despises you and has no hair under her arms.”
The Secret Life of Salvador Dali
- Elegance is innate…individual…eternal…it stands the test of time!
- When you come up with a theory, you fall in love with the beauty the simplicity and elegance of it. But then you have to get a sheet of paper and pencil and crack out all the details. Hundreds and hundreds of pages. Because you have to prove it.
- Robert Walker as Bruno was excellent. He had elegance and humor, and the proper fondness for his mother
- “Beauty without elegance is a half beauty; elegance without beauty is still a full beauty!”
Mehmet Murat ildan
- The 50s are the age of elegance. That’s kind of my intention when I get dressed: casual elegance.
- I don’t like women who follow fashion in the sense of becoming victims of it. I like women who have elegance, who have allure, who use fashion, rather than the other way around.
- I think fashion can always date, but I think if a woman has elegance, she doesnt date.
- To be alive is to totally and openly participate in the simplicity and elegance of here and now.
- I can’t say I prefer blondes, brunettes, or redheads. I like emotion and elegance. Even expensive clothes do not guarantee a good look. You must be yourself above all!
- “If you ask what the ten things that improve the quality of this rude world are, I would say one right away: Elegance!”
Mehmet Murat ildan
- True moral elegance consists in the art of disguising one’s victories as defeats.
- Whatever laudable qualities the English may possess in their selection, preparation, and consumption of food, elegance, originality, diversity, and imagination are not among them.
- “wear your treasure and you will be Treasured”
- 39. “Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future.” – Coco Chanel
- Modesty is the highest elegance
- Baseball loyalists cite the game’s legendary numbers – 300 wins, 500 homers, 3,000 hits – as evidence of the sport’s elegance, beauty, and gravitas. What no one mentions is how wretched and painful it is to actually watch a former star gasp and sputter his way toward a legendary number.
- I had to cut a lot of things I wanted to keep [in The Art of Elegance]. I’m going to have to do a part two for sure.
- Throw out and keep throwing out. Elegance means elimination.
- “You need to keep investing in your sensuality if you’re to retain your desirability and vitality.”
- Ladies, it is not your education, status or personality that has brought you here but the elegance of God which was still and still working upon you.
- The elegance of honesty needs no adornment.
- Perfume puts the finishing touch to elegance – a detail that subtly underscores the look, an invisible extra that completes a man and a woman’s personality. Without it there is something missing.
- The idea of elegance and aristocratic indulgence of an ocean cruise was born out of the image of the rich men and women who ruled the British Empire slowly sailing to India and the Far East while sipping gin and tonic on deck – served by men in white jackets.
- Experimental music scores are enigmatic, opaque, demanding, irritating, humorous, childlike; the best, like Cardew’s Treatise, are also inspiring, giving rise, on occasion, to a music of vitality, intelligence and elegance.
- Elegance and smartness is the sexiest thing woman can have, not just the flesh
- Elegance is reduction, simplification, condensation. It is spare, stark, sleek. Elegance is cultivated abstraction. The source of Greek and Roman classicism – clarity, order, proportion, balance – is in Egypt.
- Neither refinement nor delicacy is indispensable to produce elegance.
- I was always intrigued by the idea of bringing things together that are considered taboo or risque and bringing them together with something of high elegance and sophistication.