- The smallest modification of tonality affects structure. Some things have to be rather large, but elegance is the presentation of things in their minimum dimensions.
- “This is God’s beauty!The Elegant nature of Esther,The Meek nature of Moses,The Pius nature of Paul,The Passionate nature of Peter,The Just nature of Jesus and thenThe wise nature of you!”
- “Die eitelste Mondaine verwendet auf ihre Gesamttoilette nicht so viel Zeit wie der Legionär zur »astiquage« seines Patronengürtels!”
In the Foreign Legion
- Teach us that wealth is not elegance, that profusion is not magnificence, that splendor is not beauty.
- 30. “Simplicity, carried to an extreme, becomes elegance.” – Jon Franklin
- “Beauty without elegance is a half beauty; elegance without beauty is still a full beauty!”
Mehmet Murat ildan
- I felt Michael Jackson was inspired a little bit more from the elegance of a Fred Astaire. Michael loved Sammy Davis, Jr. and James Brown and Judy Garland and Fred Astaire. But he wasn’t any of those people. To be inspired is one thing, but he made it all his own.
- I’m quite into the French way – simple elegance with just a suggestion of sexiness, nothing vulgar.
- If a poor house is well kept, or a poor girl well groomed, there is elegance if not beauty. If good people should come upon hard times, why should they immediately give up on themselves?
- “The elegance of a mathematical theorem is directly proportional to the number of independent ideas one can see in the theorem and inversely proportional to the effort it takes to see them.”
Mathematical Discovery on Understanding, Learning, and Teaching Problem Solving, Volume I
- “Perfect may not always be pretty but excellence is always elegant.”
- Elegance is not being noticed, it’s about being remembered.
- MY INSPIRATION FOR THIS LIMITED EDITION DESIGN WAS BASED ON THE LEGACY OF HENNESSY AS A BRAND. TO ME, HENNESSY HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT QUALITY, AUTHENTICITY, TRADITION, AND ELEGANCE.
- 51. “They see me wheeling around in a beautiful gown, and they realize you can look elegant, and you can lead a happy life in a wheelchair. I know I’ve helped handicapped people, because I’ve received many comments.” – Anna Lee
- A hundred cabinet-makers in London can work a table or a chair equally well; but no one poet can write verses with such spirit and elegance as Mr. Pope.
- “Cloaked in the most valuable invisibilities, she’s a seamstress wearing knitted concepts of genius fitted like the elegant dress of a dazzling princess. Yet, no matter how lofty, the messages of her precious lips always land softly with her ability to keep kissing me with the sweetest simplicities.”
Curtis Tyrone Jones
- 54. “Looking feminine is important to me. My personal style is fairly traditional. I was definitely influenced by my mother, who always looks elegant, and by Estee’s classic style; she was always in Givenchy or Ungaro.” – Aerin Lauder
- “When efforts that are wisely executed, the situation and condition don’t affect the performance.”
- The general problem with ambitious systems is complexity. […] it is important to emphasize the value of simplicity and elegance, for complexity has a way of compounding difficulties.
- 27.“Elegance is timeless.” – Habeeb Akande
- I love unique things that not everyone has. I believe its all about how you wear an outfit, not how much it costs or where it’s from. Elegance is the key.
- The traditional mathematician recognizes and appreciates mathematical elegance when he sees it. I propose to go one step further, and to consider elegance an essential ingredient of mathematics: if it is clumsy, it is not mathematics.
- If computers were cars, the Mac would be a Lexus for its reliability and elegance. The PC? An AMC Gremlin.
- I was always interested in finding the elegance of each style and understanding why it influences so many people.
- Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future.
- Dressing is a way of life. It brings you joy. It can give you freedom and liberation, help you to find yourself and to move without restraint. Isn’t elegance forgetting what one is wearing?
- The orchid’s association in Chinese culture with such virtues as elegance, good taste, friendship, and fertility goes all the way back to Confucius himself, who was said to have a particular attachment to the flowers.
- “Elegance is not about being noticed, it’s about being remembered.”
- Grooming is the secret of real elegance. The best clothes, the most wonderful jewels, the most glamorous beauty don’t count without good grooming.
- The elegance of honesty needs no adornment.